Monday 30 January 2012

Referencing

My supervisor sent me a short guide on using the Harvard Referencing System (http://visit.lincoln.ac.uk/C7/C1/StudySkillsHelpGuides/Referencing%20and%20Plagiarism%20help%20guides/Harvard%20Referencing%20-%20a%20short%20guide.pdf)
I've decided to use this guide as a plan for when I start to write my bibliography. It has clear instructions and examples of many different sources that I was capable of learning and applying to my references. Before I read about this guide I use to only include the website and the date of my references from the internet but now I include:

1. Author/Editor/Organisation 2. Year of publication 3. Title of Internet site [in italics] 4. [online] 5. Available from: URL of webpage 6. Date of access [in square brackets]

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you have been able to develop this new skill Yasemin. I'm sure you will find it really useful when you begin your university course.

    ReplyDelete